Books That Shaped Me! The Transformative Power of Reading.

The power of reading at an early age! One of the greatest gifts I received from my mother as a child was the gift of reading. She read to me, and she allowed me to sound out words until I became a reader myself. 

Some of my earliest memories were the feeling of my mother's pride when I read as a little girl.

By the time I went to kindergarten, I knew how to read fluently. Throughout the years, I found the love for books, before audible was a thing. I remember my curiosity and initiative for looking up words that I didn’t understand in the dictionary. This was exciting to me, nerd much? Yes, and proud of it! 

This went on to enhance my vocabulary, and even to this day my brain automatically reaches for the unconventional word first. I had no idea that that simple initiative on my mother’s part would open up a world of understanding of the world around me. 

When I had my girls, I did the same thing, books were a flex in our house.


Image: Midjourney AI generated photo

I had no idea that the expansion of my vocabulary and understanding would allow me to have a deeper experience with life. I just loved to read. I’m still an avid reader, not so much books these days because we have a plethora of reading outlets today and I’m a busy adult so I need to have my reading in bite sizes but I always find myself continuing to learn to grow. 

If I wanna know something, best believe I’m gonna go into a research project, and just like that I have amassed even more knowledge in a short period.

That’s one of the things I love about myself. It started out as comprehension and vocabulary and grew into mystery books, and fiction, and into nonfictional, research, news, and special categories. Books 📚 rescued me from a lot of trauma in my early years and for that I’m grateful.


Image: Midjourney AI generated photo

One of the best compliments that I get from people is that I’m intelligent, and I almost always respond with. I’ve never completed a four-year college, I was a trade school girl, and held licenses with the state but I’ve been a reader, my entire life, and this has contributed greatly to my level of intelligence.

All that being said nothing was as impactful as the journey of knowledge of self but that’s another letter.

Check out my personal experience podcast :

Listen 🎧 to the podcast.

To be continued…

Zipporah Banyay aka Goddess Zee


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

(July) New Month Tarot Reading! Wisdom From The Cosmos

My Transformation and Growth in “2023”

Balm for the Soul: Healing Without Hurry or Hindrance